Dr. Sahasranam (Dr. Sahas) at a glance
- Board-certified endocrinologist
- Medical School: 1999, Madras Medical College
- Residency in Internal Medicine: 2005, Cornell University's Weil Medical College (St Barnabas Hospital, Bronx, NY)
- Fellowship in Endocrinology: 2007, Charles Drew University, Los Angeles
- Founded Central Valley Endocrinology (CVE) in 2007
- Speaks English, Tamil, Malayalam
Dr. Sahasranam graduated from Madras Medical College in 1999 before training in Internal Medicine at St. Barnabas Hospital. He subsequently completed his fellowship in Endocrinology and Diabetes and metabolism at Charles Drew University, Los Angeles. Finally, in 2007, he opened his own practice: Central Valley Endocrinology.
Dr. Sahasranam's more than a decade of medical experience as well as board certifications in Endocrinology, Diabetes and metabolism, and Internal Medicine. He teaches at the Loma Linda University School of Medicine and has often been called on to give lectures in his areas of expertise and publish articles in medical journals.
In addition to CVE, Dr. Sahasranam directs the Adventist Health/Community Care Diabetes Self-Management program, which was recently recognized by the American Diabetes Association. He is an active member of the Endocrine Society and the National Lipid Association.